Night Out At Epcot | Disney Diary

My passion when it comes to Epcot is the World Showcase it just looks so fantastic. The idea that you can hop through 11 different countries in one day is simply amazing. Plus we had a few things we hadn’t done in the other sections so it was our chance to do those. Plus I really couldn’t leave Disney World without going on Soar’in.
So first of all we grabbed our Fast Pass for Soar’in and then headed into the World Showcase. We started at Canada and decided to do something different. We challenged ourselves to have one snack and buy one keepsake in each country.
Our Keepsake
For our keepsake we decided on a keyring as it is something small that you can keep for as long as you like and it is a little memory for each country.
Our Food Challenge
For food stops this was going to be a little more interesting with us sharing something different at each country. It was going to be a long night but I was up for a completely different challenge that we could all enjoy. Many of these countries I have never tried their food so nothing ventured, nothing gained.
So here is the food and drink we enjoyed through the different countries of Epcot
Canada – We started off in Canada with a very simple doughnut and shared it between the three of us. I am not one for this kind of food so I was glad not to have it to myself. I liked Canada I thought it looked really good – though I have never shown any really interest in it before so I don’t know how realistic it was.

United Kingdom – It was time for my country of birth next. One I was looking forward to as I could then look at how realistic it was. The first thing I noticed was the wonderful English gardens and it was like stepping back in time to when I last visited some in the United Kingdom which must have been at least five years ago. The question has to remain with the shops though, what do you sell that reflects English heritage the most? Well wall to wall Beatles things of course. Which in my whole 26 years living in England I never once saw any of their things. There was also plenty of English chocolate to choose from. Though I would have liked to see some Scottish heritage there though as they seem to have forgotten about them.
For our snack we shared a small portion of fish and chips. Not my favourite food in the world but incredibly English.

France – Next stop was a trip across the English Channel to France for a visit to Paris. If I didn’t know any better I would say that I was really there. It was beautiful and so romantic and full of life. We were very naughty in Paris and shared a chocolate eclair in a very nice Patisserie and hit the shops. I also managed to get myself a lovely French Cookery book and we enjoyed the views as we looked around.

Morocco – We now headed over into Africa for a bit of Moroccan food, something that I have never tried before. So it was going to be rather interesting. I’ve heard of the food before it was just something that I have never quite got around to eating!
We shared a plate of Moroccan food that included some lentils, chicken in a pita bread and some nice sauce and it was lovely.
Japan – Next on the hit list was Japan. Somewhere I have always been fascinated with and I was looking forward to the colourful colours of Japan. And it wasn’t a disappointment and I took some lovely pictures.

For a bite to eat we shared a small portion of noodles in the sunshine looking over the amazing views of Epcot.
United States – Now it was the turn of the United States section and we headed in to see what they had to offer. As it is our families first visit to America it was all really new for us and there was a lot of new things to learn. The shops were catered towards people that don’t visit America and there was plenty of calories available.
For our snack we had a cookie that we shared between the three of us. The portion size was still rather big and I would say for a cookie it was probably the size of about six of them from Europe. I don’t know how anyone could eat one to themselves!
Italy – Is there more to Italy than pasta? Well we were about to find out. That is once we had made our way through the shops selling all the different types of pastas you have ever seen.
The scenery of the place was very pretty with a replica of the square in Rome. There was also lots of street entertainment going on and there was a lovely atmosphere. For a bite to eat we had a strawberry sorbet to share which was nice.
Germany – Next it was across to Germany and we found a lovely Werther’s Originals shop and had our own dipped chocolate experience. Extremely high in calories but very nice and tasty. We also enjoyed the local stalls and had a wonderful time.
China – Next it was across to China and we had a lovely mini spring roll that we shared between us under the stars as it was getting late by now. The bright lights of china were very nice to see and we thoroughly enjoyed looking at them.
Norway – We needed to find somewhere good to position ourselves for the illuminations display and a small cafe in Norway seemed like the perfect place. Nobody else seemed to have the same idea as us and there was only a crowd of about six of us and we had an amazing location and managed to film it in full on the camcorder without anyone getting in our way.
We also enjoyed a waffle with some homemade jam and it made a great evening treat for us all.
Mexico – The last one of the day and the final of the world showcase sections was Mexico and what a joy it was to be there. It was so beautiful and full of vibrant colours that made the whole place come alive.
For a quick bite to eat we shared some lovely nachos and a margarita though the drink was way too strong for me.
As you can see we certainly lived up to the challenge! We enjoyed amazing food from different countries around the world and I would much rather do this than have a single meal at one of them.
After we had finished the World Showcase we headed back to the future world to finish our tour of Epcot. First of all it was time to ride Soar’in. First of all it was very good to ride this on the Fast Pass especially when the normal queue was over an hour long.
Out of all the rides I have done at Walt Disney World my personal favourite is Soar’in. I loved it even though I have a moderate fear of heights. It is a simulator ride where you honestly believe you are on a swing and are high up in the air going across many of the world’s attractions. You are up with the hot air balloons, you go over the golden gate bridge in San Francisco and many other major landscapes of the United States. Throughout the whole experience you are no more than 4 foot above the ground and its the screen that is moving not you – though Dominic felt a bit unwell afterwards which was a shame. If he hadn’t I would have gladly have queued again just to go on it for a second time.
I was rather upset to leave Epcot as it was so much fun and I will have some great memories of such an amazing place.

Be Sociable, Share!

Popular posts from this blog

Why You Should Book a Private Tour of the French Riviera

Orlando Getaway Rentals-- What Are Your Options?

Airport Transportation in Denver Colorado